- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and bouillon granules; stir in the water and soy sauce and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil 3 minutes or until tender; remove and keep warm. In same pan, heat remaining oil. Add remaining vegetables; stir-fry 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir soy sauce mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pasta and mushrooms. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forVegetable Lo Mein
"My daughter loves lo-mein, so I searched for a recipe that I could use as a basis to try with what I had on hand. Normally I find it extremely annoying when someone rates and reviews a recipe-good or bad-that they have changed so much that what they made was an entirely different dish. My apologies to those of you who feel the same. So! My daughter will not eat mushrooms or bean sprouts, and I did not have pea pods, celery, or red bell pepper. I used 2 cups of frozen peas and carrots, thawed, and chopped white onions that I did have on hand. Since we were making this a meal by itself, I added in some diced, cooked chicken breast I had in the fridge. I saute'ed the onion, then added the pease and carrots and stir-fried for 3-4 minutes. Everything else I did per the recipe, putting the chicken and pasta in last. We enjoyed the results quite well. NOTE: I only had regular soy sauce and the lo-mein was plenty salty (and I am a salt fiend!), so I recommend you use the low-sodium soy sauce called for. We look forward to making the recipe again withe pea pods, celery, and the sweet red pepper."
"I used TJ's stir fry sauce. Couldn't have been easier. Great recipe for meatless Monday!"