Veal Chops with Mustard-Sage Crust
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 veal chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. Sprinkle veal chops on both sides with pepper and salt. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Combine the mustard, sage and garlic; spread over one side of each chop, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place chops, coated side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 98 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2016
This is a very tasty recipe. I used Panko crumbs instead soft bread crumbs, and I used an extra clove of garlic. I cooked them in my toaster oven set at 400? convection and cooked them for 25 minutes. I let them rest, tented with foil for 5 minutes. Served them with 2x baked potatoes and steamed cauliflower. Will definitely make this again. The mustard sage combo would also be great on pork chops, IMO.
Aug 10, 2011
AAAAMMAAAZZZIINNNGGG!!!!This was the first recipe I decided to conquer ever in my life, I bake asparagus and quartered red potatoes to go along with it. It exceeded my expectations, first time I've ever had veal and it wont be the last! My husband is crazy about this dish!! It is one of the easiest dishes I've ever made and am making it again tonight LOVE IT!!!