A sweet-tart cranberry salsa is the ideal accompaniment to leftover turkey in this breezy quesadilla. With a hint of lemon and pear, the salsa is also good with chicken or pork. –Jodi Kristensen of Macomb, Michigan
Featured In: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat white or yellow cheddar cheese
- For salsa, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in pear, onion, jalapeno, celery, lemon peel and juice, and cumin.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup turkey; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold tortilla to close. Cook on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p15
Reviews forTurkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2009
"This recipe is excellent and I'd gladly make it again. My family loves it."