- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each celery seed and pepper
- 5 medium tomatoes, cored
- Bacon bits, optional
- In a bowl, combine tuna, cheese, mayonnaise, celery, onion, pickle, pickle juice, salt, celery seed and pepper. Chill. Cut tomatoes, not quite through, into quarters; place on individual plates and spread apart. Spoon 1/2 cup salad into each. Garnish with bacon bits if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forTomatoes and Tuna Salad
"I have made this many times and it is absolutely delicious!!! I even made this recipe with shredded chicken and that is fantastic also. Love, love, love!!!"
"I made this today and left the mayo out. It was delicious and filled me up. What a great help for my outlook to "eat healthy"."
"I made this after working all day as a salad chef in our university's kitchen. I was so starving, and it only took 10 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly, except cut the mayo in half and added 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing. It was divinity. Filled me up real good too!! Will be making often!!!"