- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, taco seasoning and olives.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forThree-Bean Taco Chili
"Wow... this was really good. I was worried because it did not have a lot of the ingredients (spices, onions, etc), I would normally add. I doubled the recipe and made the following changes:-Used half the meat (1 pound hamburger and 1 pound ground pork) only because it I forget to buy 4 pounds but was very happy with it-Used half the water as suggested by others ... perfect consistency-Used Fire Roasted diced tomatoes instead of stewedThis was easy, quick and very tasty!Thank You for Sharing."
"This was great! I'm happy with how much it made too! I sprinkled broken chips on top to give each spoonful a little crunch. Yum!"
"This is my favorite chili recipe"
"I've made this many times! Love that it makes so much."
"Made this last night for supper and really appreciated how fast this came together. My only addition was some chopped onion. I used medium salsa and hot taco seasoning and it had a nice spice to it."
"Absolutely love it! It tastes wonderful! Great cross between tacos and chili!"
"great change up for taco night added garlic:P and onions in the soup"