VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Spread stuffing into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a large bowl, combine turkey, soup, garlic powder and 2 tablespoons sour cream; spoon over stuffing.
- Drain potatoes; mash in a small bowl. Beat in cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake according to directions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole in Taste of Home Special Interest Publications 2013