Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage. Stir in broth and celery mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture. Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl. Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 710 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1375mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Nov 12, 2019
Wonderful recipe....I make extra for Thanksgiving so that I have leftovers to make the casseroles to put in the freezer along gravy on the side and homemade cranberry sauce. Thanksgiving all year!!!!
Nov 25, 2018
I have made this several times. It is a great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers or just make when you want to. Love this recipe!!
Apr 22, 2018
This just wasn't that good. I followed the recipe, leaving out the cheese on top. Needs a whole lot more seasoning in the stuffing, the middle with the chicken was too soupy, and the amount of potatoes called for doesn't look anything like the photo. Not bad when you need a Thanksgiving fix, but needs some work.
Nov 25, 2017
I want to try this one. For those of you who used leftover stuffing, how much did you use?
Nov 24, 2017
Made this for a work Thanksgiving party. I prepared it in a Crock-Pot and plugged it in when I got to work, since all of the ingredients were already cooked ahead of time. It was a big hit! I will definitely make it in the future. It might even fill in for a future Thanksgiving dinner, if we get in a pinch.
Oct 9, 2017
Thank you for this recipe. My whole family loved it . It's now a family must and I shall pass this recipe onto my friends. Since I didn't have any cream of chicken on hand, I replaced it for cream of brocoli.
Aug 19, 2017
I felt like Thanksgiving in August..lol. Had potatoes and turkey to use up, so I spied this recipe. So glad I did. I cheated and used stovetop dressing. Everything else I kept the same. Absolutely delicious. Will make again.
Apr 23, 2017
A definite do again. My husband does not like stuffing but he loved this.
Dec 12, 2016
This was a great filling Fall/Winter meal. I divided the recipe when trying it for the first time. We thought it was so good that next time if there are enough leftovers I will make the full recipe and freeze half.
Oct 16, 2016
Really delicious but very heavy.