Holiday Brunch Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 366 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
May 6, 2018
Delicious. Will be making this for Christmas mornings. This was not done at 35 min.s. It was still very runny. It took about 50 min.s. Make sure to let stand before slicing. Used 1% milk and wouldn't recommend that. Will use the 2% or even whole next time.
Jan 5, 2018
We had this Christmas morning and it came out perfect. Easy to make the night before (which was key) and ready to bake in the morning. I'll make this again! Everyone like it.
Dec 12, 2017
Fabulous. We actually made this for dinner. We had just come back from a quick trip and needed something easy to make for dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand and it worked out wonderfully. The left overs were used for breakfast burritos the next morning.
Sep 24, 2017
Looks delicious! Great large group casserole.
Apr 8, 2017
This is an awesome, easy way to feed a crowd in a hurry. I've made it in the crockpot also
Nov 7, 2016
Very similar to Amish breakfast casserole but not as good.
Sep 6, 2016
Enjoyed this. Followed exactly. Next time I'll do a spicy sausage just to give it a bit more umphf; and I liked the suggestion of salsa on the side. The suggestion to ensure you dry the hash browns is correct. Like someone else said they might try to actually gook them first which might be good since they did sort of disappear (and I like hash browns). 5-10 mins longer cooking is a good idea. I'll do again.
May 17, 2016
Is a good recipe. Good to make ahead??
Dec 28, 2015
12/2015 - I made this for Christmas breakfast and thought it was just okay. Others liked it. I didn't like the texture and maybe the addition of bisquik. I used jimmy Dean sausage and followed the recipe as written. Also, it was not completely done in the center, AND, it would not serve 12.
Dec 28, 2015
This has become a regular holiday breakfast favorite. However, it usually needs at least 50 min cooking time as well as the additional time for it to sit and set - approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.