Individual Brunch Casseroles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups shredded uncooked potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute potatoes, onion, celery and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. If necessary, add additional oil to prevent sticking. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper. Add cheese, bacon and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in potato mixture. Pour into four greased individual baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 507 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 261mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2014
Will try this
Apr 6, 2010
I have cooked & tried many breakfast casseroles and thus far this one is the best one yet. I think my family would like me to make this all the time. Great Job & thanks for sharing!
Apr 2, 2010
THIS ALSO MAKES A NICE CASSEEROLE EVEN IF YOU USE THE ONE DISH SYSTEM. WE LIKED IT VERY MUCH
Apr 1, 2010
I would try to make it a little more diet-savvy by using egg whites, low fat cheese, and not use so much bacon. More vegetables could be added instead such as tomatoes and yellow squash. Could be topped with Salsa.
Apr 1, 2010
I made this today for lunch, great taste, filling, thinking about making it for Easter Sunday.