Christmas Brunch Casserole
No one leaves the table hungry when I serve this savory casserole. In fact, folks rave about it! What I like as much as the taste is that I can prepare it ahead of time. —Mary Eckler, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Brunch Casserole in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.