Christmas Brunch Casserole
No one leaves the table hungry when I serve this savory casserole. In fact, folks rave about it! What I like as much as the taste is that I can prepare it ahead of time. —Mary Eckler, Louisville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place in a lightly greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with the rice, cereal and cheddar cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, soup and milk. Spread over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Christmas Brunch Casserole in Country Woman Christmas 2000