Golden Shrimp Brunch Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 8 ounces sliced process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, parsley, mustard and salt. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer with bread cubes, shrimp and cheese; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Apr 17, 2019
I took advice from the comments below and used only half the bread amount and it came out super soupy. Maybe the bread was supposed to soak up some of it. Tasted good, but nothing I would recommend. I'd give it 3 stars, but I didn't follow the directions 100%.
Nov 5, 2015
This was OK. I used about 1/2 less bread. I think the cheese overpowered the shrimp. It was very bland. Will probably not make it again. I guess all the other reviewers added other ingredients to boost the flavor.
Dec 8, 2010
Sorry I forgot to rate my review.
Dec 8, 2010
I have made this recipe for year's, only I put 3 cups of milk and instead of shrimp I put a can of smoked spam cut in small cubes and a couple of chopped green onion's, and 2 cups sharp cheese in it. My family and friends love it. It's a keeper. : )
Apr 12, 2010
Great taste. My only complaint was the bread. Those must have been 10 skinny slices as I had waay too much. Oh well I needed some croutons anyway.Second time around I was serving ten so upped everything except the bread proportionately, subbed a cup of sour cream for 1 of the milk, added garlic and sriracha to taste and 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels. Cooked for 70 min in a 9 x 13 pan. Everybody wanted seconds so there wasn't enough!