Leftover Pork and Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red or chopped green pepper
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (1/2-inch cubes)
- 3/4 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup pork gravy
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Add the pork, carrots, mushrooms, gravy, broth, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve over rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2013
made this tonight, and it super yummy!!! A keeper!
Mar 22, 2012
Just made this for dinner and it was excellent. The only thing I did different was that I used leftover pork chops cut into cubes and I didnt have pork gravy so I used a packet of dry turkey gravy and added one extra cup of water. I did double the recipe and it still turned out good. Next time I will make sure I have pork gravy but this is a keeper, easy, fast and delicious.
Apr 19, 2011
Easy and delicious and the best recipe I've found for leftover pork that's still healthy. I had leftover brown rice, which I added when the dish was almost done with a little extra chicken broth to heat and eat. Will definitely make this again.
Aug 16, 2009
Re: Leftover Pork and VegetablesThis was excellent. I was looking for a way to fix leftover pork. It didn't taste warmed over. I used the rest of the chicken broth can to fix the rice.
Jan 19, 2009
This is a great way to use leftover pork. I didn't have frozen carrots so I added canned carrots at the end.
Aug 25, 2008
This sounds good, I think we'll try it, sans the mushrooms. We're not much of mushrooms people except for pizza.thanks, Cookie