- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Thai red chili paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Remove 1 tablespoon mixture; toss with shrimp.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp mixture; stir-fry 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp mixture.
- Add broth, coconut milk, salt and remaining basil mixture to same pan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lime peel.
- Drain pasta; add pasta and shrimp to sauce, tossing to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forThai Lime Shrimp & Noodles
"Excellent! Husband and kids loved it."
"Loved the fusion of flavors. Made it exactly except a little less chili paste. Had guest over and he loved it too!"