- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; set aside. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak, peppers, onion and garlic on oil for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved sauce top with pineapple. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon meat mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Steak Subs
"This was a great sandwich recipe and went well with the potato salad I made to accompany it. However it didn't taste much like teriyaki to me, and if I make it again I fully intend on doubling the sauce. I skipped the pineapple due to time constraints but I'm positive it would've been wonderful on it."