- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Trim fat from steak and slice across the grain into 1/2-in. strips. Add the beef to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread meat strips onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 7-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTeriyaki Steak Skewers
"I've used this recipe for years. It's a great dish for cook-out company, but equally good for a family meal. Really delicious!"
"The marinade on these was great. I forgot to soak my skewers, so we ended up eating these like steak strips. As long as you remember to marinade, this makes for a quick meal."
"We eat these OFTEN, my family LOVES them!"
"This one went over extremely well with my somewhat picky daughter and my extremely picky husband. Fried rice would make a great accompaniment."