In this colorful dish, exotic fruits such as mango and pineapple beautifully complement the chicken and lend a pleasant hint of sweetness that’s balanced by a bit of soy sauce.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with mangoes, onion, green pepper and garlic. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken mixture to a serving platter; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan. Bring juices to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Tropical Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p39