Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- Divide salad greens among five salad plates; top with strawberries, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette: 178 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
May 26, 2019
I swapped out the walnuts for pecans because I’m just not a fan. I toasted them, because it helps to bring out the flavor and keeps them crunchy longer. I also omitted the goat cheese,
Apr 11, 2018
Great twist on the standard salad. Light, minty flavor served as a great accompaniment to steak tacos.
May 27, 2013
Excellent! Very fresh tasting. Love the dressing.
Jul 26, 2011
I used scallions instead of the red onion. Delicious!
Jun 23, 2011
Awesome recipe. Love the mix of flavors.
May 29, 2011
Made this salad tonight for a party, I doubled it! The Salad turned out great! Big hit! I used almonds instead of walnuts just for something different.