- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 36 squares)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cartons (one 16 ounces, one 8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in yogurt and 6 cups of whipped topping until blended. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over whipped topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Cream Dessert
"Great recipe - love the crust. I've done a blueberry version, instead but the strawberry is super good!"
"try it in raspberry also........yummy"
"I was told this dish was required at family gatherings from now on."
"I have made this few times for small gatherings. Every time it was a hit. :)"
"Have taken this to a couple of large gatherings. I'm always ask for the recipe."
"I've made this many times before and have changed it just a bit. I use sugar-free gelatin, lite cool-whip, lite yogurt, fat free cream cheese. I noticed this decreased the super sweetness from the original. We love it!"
"Very good. I doubled the cream cheese filling and only used a 6 oz. container of yogurt."
"Delicious! The only recommendation is that I would make more of the cream cheese layer, so there would be enough to cover the crust."
"Many compliments on this recipe."
"Delicious and light dessert for summer!"