Strawberry Kiwi Dessert
In the heat of summer, folks will look foreword to a light dessert like this. The season's finest fruits are slightly sweetened with caramel, orange juice and honey. Serve this fruity finale alone or on top of pound cake, angel food cake or ice cream.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey-roasted almonds or toasted almonds
- Place fruit in a serving bowl. Combine caramel topping and orange juice; drizzle over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts.
Editor's Note: May also be served over angel food cake, pound cake or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 112 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Kiwi Dessert in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.