- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, grated
- Chocolate curls and additional strawberries, optional
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream; set aside.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set the berries aside. Gently toss cake cubes with reserved juice. Place half of the cake in a 4-qt. trifle dish or serving bowl. Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture, half of the strawberries and half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forStrawberry Cheesecake Trifle
"I get requests to make this for birthdays instead of cakes! It's perfect just how it is- I did try to be lazy once and use chopped chocolate chips instead of grating a bar, but the texture was a bit strange."
"Trifles are such a fun and beautiful dessert. This one is so good and goes together quickly. I've also used angel food cake for the cake part of the recipe. It lightens it up for people who can't have all the sugar that is in the pound cake. And if I'm in a hurry or don't have whipping cream on hand, I've used Cool Whip for the cream part."
"I made this "for the kids" on Thanksgiving. It was loved by kids and grownups alike! Definitely a keeper. My only complaint is that the posted 20 minute prep time is inaccurate...it took me well over an hour to prepare. Well worth the time and effort, though!"
"Very impressive in appearance and easy to make. Very rich, you could use cool whip instead of the "real" whipped but I don't think it would be as cheesecakish. Delicious!"
"Wonderful!!!! Yum Yum!"
"Great recipe! My kids love it! The prep time should really be adjusted, though. It may take 20 min to actually assemble it, but it took me almost an hour to prep:cutting, mixing, etc."
"Fresh Strawberries or Frozen! Doesn't matter! This is a great dish! Serve it by dipping into the bowl or cutting or just everyone diving in at the same time! Doesn't matter. It taste great. You should have seen my kids going after it. Just put the dish in the middle of the table and gave them all a spoon!"
"Kind of plain tasting."