- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cooked steak, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- In a skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through, stirring occasionally. Add steak, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted; keep warm. Prepare eggs as desired. Divide hash among four plates and top with an egg. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSteak Hash
"Great recipe! Try adding a combination of red and green bell peppers for more color. I recommend topping with poached eggs, but fried with a splash of hot sauce would be good too."
"Yummy! A great way to use up leftovers. Would be fantastic with Pepper Jack Cheese."
"Thank Mrs. Nowakowski for this great recipe!**Sincerely** - (Kathy Joscelyn from Oxford, NY - 30 mi. north of Binghamton)"