Spinach Dip Pull-Aparts
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (one 6 ounces, one 12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, garlic and pepper until blended. Stir in spinach, cheeses and mayonnaise.
- Separate biscuit dough. Using a serrated knife, cut each biscuit horizontally in half. Wrap each half around 1 tablespoon spinach mixture, pinching to seal and forming a ball.
- Layer in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with marinara sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 balls with 2 tablespoons sauce: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 9, 2014
This sounds good also, love the mix of the red pepper an spinach,my favorite..yum!!!!!!!!!!!!Joan Trusso
Oct 12, 2014
Yummy! My family, including toddlers, loved it. I just bought a 16ish ounce tube of biscuit dough, which is about 2 ounces shy of the total asked for so I had a little extra filling. It's okay if the biscuit balls don't completely seal, which is good because mine wouldn't quite do it. I just put the closed parts of the balls facing up to keep any cheese from dripping down.
Aug 18, 2013
These pull-aparts take some time to make, but they're certainly worth it. I pared down the recipe by using only the large tube of biscuits and baking them in an 8x8 square cake pan. I also added crumbled feta to the filling. Will definitely make again.
Jul 31, 2013
I love the presentation of this especially with a bowl of dipping sauce set in the center of the ring. The filling tasted a little flat to me. I think the next time I make this I'll add some pesto or chopped onion.
Jul 23, 2013
These took quite a while to make and bake. They were pretty tasty. My son especially liked them. I also had a lot of the filling mixture left over so I used that on crackers.
Jul 23, 2013
These took quite a while to make and bake. They were pretty tasty. My son especially liked them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.