Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage
A hollowed out cabbage makes a bright serving piece for this creamy spinach dip. I found the recipe in a cookbook, and I receive many compliments whenever I serve it to company.—Patricia Johnson, Kingfield, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large head red cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Gently peel back outer leaves of cabbage. Slice 1/2 in. from bottom of cabbage so it sits flat. Cut a 3-in. circle in the top of the cabbage; hollow out a third of the cabbage to form a bowl (save removed cabbage for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions, parsley, lemon juice and dill. Spoon into cabbage bowl just before serving. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 38 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.