This is my own recipe. It's easy, economical and good for you, but the best part is it tastes great and goes with everything from hamburgers to steaks.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, using broth instead of water; set aside. In a small skillet, saute the green pepper, celery, onion and garlic in water until tender. Add the tomato, seasoned salt if desired, chili powder, pepper and cooked rice. Cook 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spanish Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p251
Reviews forSpanish White Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2015
"Not terrible, but not memorable."