- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) turkey chili with beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a nonstick skillet, brown turkey in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili, tomatoes, peppers, onion, salsa, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSouthwest Turkey Stew
"This was a great recipe, but I made some changes. First 5-6 hours was unrealistic for me so I precooked the meat and vegetables then cooked it with the rest of the ingredients in a pot for about 15 minutes. Plus, I used 98% fat free ground turkey instead of tenderloin."
"I was put off by the ingredients at all! Loved the recipe, I added some grilled onions and reduced the turkey to 3/4 a lb and added a can of black beans."