- 1 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup cultured sour cream
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lemon twists for garnish
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, juice, egg yolks and milk in heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until thick. Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature. Stir in sour cream and pour filling into pie shell. Cover with whipped cream and garnish with lemon twists. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSour Cream-Lemon Pie
"Love love love this recipe."
"For the second time I've made this pie, both times with rave reviews. The only change I made is adding a little lemon juice to the whipped cream.Next time I will add the sour cream before it's completely cool, so it will be more incorporated. Even done as written its amazing, and not overly hard"
"Very good! I used graham cracker crust because I like that!"
"I used a ready made Graham cracker crust instead. I added a half of cup of evaporated milk to the regular milk. Great pie. ."
"We loved this pie. It was creamy with just the right mixture of sweet and tart. I made two changes. I substituted 1/2 cup of maple syrup instead of the sugar, and I added a tsp of cream of tarter to the whipped cream since I wanted it to hold its shape for a couple of days."
"I made this pie last night and came out so so i would actually cut back on the amount of lemon juice and not use the lemon zest... it was just to lemonie for my taste buds ... maybe in addition to the sour cream thrown in a tub of cool whip"
"We found another version of this in a little local grocery store in Lincoln City, OR and I had to search for the recipe so I could make it once I got home. I found this one and knew it would be good, and it didn't disapoint us. This is the best pie EVER!! I have already made one with a homemade cookie crumb crust and it was awesome. I am making it with Trader Joe's pie crust tonight and my husband is already drooling. Make this....it's worth it!!"
"My husband and I LOVED this. It set up beautifully. Thanks Martha.....thank you SO much."