- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Add half of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSour Cream Coffee Cake
"I have made quite a few Taste of Home recipes over the years and this one by far is one of the worse. I threw the entire cake out. Very disappointed!Does TOH prepare the recipe before publishing?"
"Sorry -- reviewed the wrong Sour Cream Coffee cake -- see the one from TOH Dec 09/Jan 10."
"Very moist & tasty. Relatively uncomplicated, with everyday ingredients. Reheats well, too."
"i made this twice and both times the cake explode in the oven. what im i doing wrong. please help."
"I bet you could also use the mini bundt pans. They would be cute for an individual serving."
"I've never seen this small (8 in.) fluted pan. Where would I find one?"