Caramel Nut Breakfast Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve 1 cup cake mix for topping. In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, flour, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and reserved cake mix; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Mix confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and water until smooth; drizzle over cake. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 28, 2019
I made this delicious coffee cake for a meeting my husband was having and it disappeared immediately. Easy and best tasting coffee cake I have ever had
Jun 22, 2019
This cake was so delicious! I couldn't use pecans in it as my husband cannot have nuts, so I added about 1/4 cup of flour to the crumb mixture to make it a little more crumbly. I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. When you make this cake it may look like there's not enough batter for a 9X13 inch pan but I found it was enough batter for that size pan .... cake turned out fluffy with little pockets of sweet caramel crumbs (if you use nuts as called for in the recipe the crumbs probably won't sink into the cake and make pockets) I will certainly make this cake again .... next time with the pecans!
Mar 2, 2017
This is so good and easy to make!! Will make again for sure!
Mar 1, 2016
Delicious! I substituted a butter pecan cake mix for the white, and it was yummy. I wondered if the glaze could use a little vanilla when I taste tested it before putting it on, but I didn't notice it at all after it was on. I may try it next time.
Feb 2, 2016
This is a keeper, even with picky eaters its a winner.