Caramel Nut Breakfast Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Reserve 1 cup cake mix for topping. In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, flour, oil and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and reserved cake mix; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and water until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 281 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 2, 2017
This is so good and easy to make!! Will make again for sure!
Mar 1, 2016
Delicious! I substituted a butter pecan cake mix for the white, and it was yummy. I wondered if the glaze could use a little vanilla when I taste tested it before putting it on, but I didn't notice it at all after it was on. I may try it next time.
Feb 2, 2016
This is a keeper, even with picky eaters its a winner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.