Slithering Hummus Bites
Friends often ask me to make my hummus dip for parties. One year at Halloween, I decided to take it further by piping it into phyllo shells and topping it with olives and roasted red peppers to make creepy creatures. —Amy White, Manchester, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 30 pitted ripe olives
- Cut one roasted pepper into 30 strips; place remaining peppers in a food processor. Add beans and garlic; pulse until chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, tahini and salt; process until blended.
- Pipe into shells. Stuff a strip of red pepper into each olive; press onto filled shells.
Originally published as Halloween Hummus Bites in Halloween Bookazine 2015