Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut into 24 pieces; lightly press onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 375° for 3 minutes. Place a piece of cheese in each cup. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 29, 2013
I was invited to an impromptu NEIGHBORHOOD gathering and need something good but fast. This fit the bill perfectly. Everyone really enjoyed this. I followed the suggestion to add the apricot jam. LOVED THIS. This may be my quickie last minute need to take a snack recipe
Aug 1, 2013
The original recipe is tasty and easy. But, the real winner is the modified version I made for a baby shower. Everyone wanted the recipe! Instead of garlic (which I think is unnecessary in the modified version), I added a dollop of fruit preserve with the gouda. Apricot and gouda go great together. I also made a second version with a piece of proscuitto, a dollop of fig preserves, and a piece of brie. Both versions got rave reviews! You can be creative with your choice of fruit preserve, and the result is an easy and totally yummy appetizer! It's a 5-star because the recipe is good in its original form, yet also perfect for creating numerous easy variations that allow you to change things up and get creative.
Aug 1, 2011
These bites look so pretty and taste so good. I had never tried gouda cheese before, and I love it.
Dec 1, 2008
I made these for a Thanksgiving dinner appetizer and I got SO many compliments and everyone wanted the recipe. I made some cranberry/pear sauce so people could scoop a bit onto the Gouda Bite. I made 4 dozen and NONE were left.