- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2/3 cups water, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Cucumber slices
- Pulse beans, cumin, paprika, cayenne and 1/3 cup water in food processor until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, cook quinoa with remaining 1-1/3 cups water according to package directions. Fluff with fork; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons lime juice. Set aside. Meanwhile, mash together avocados, 2 tablespoons sour cream, cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. dish, layer bean mixture, quinoa, avocado mixture, remaining sour cream, tomatoes, chopped cucumber, zucchini and onion. Serve immediately with cucumber slices for dipping, or refrigerate. Yield: 32 servings
Reviews forSkinny Quinoa Veggie Dip
"Terrible recipe, its more like a salad than a dip. This looks very deceiving from the photo."