- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, dill and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in oil. Top with onions; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place zucchini over the onions. Sprinkle remaining cheese over zucchini. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Pork Chops with Zucchini
"I first tried this recipe a few years ago and it is definitely top notch. I use chicken broth instead of the water, and bring it up to one cup, so I can finish in the oven at 350. Amazing dish, always a hit."
"Oh and I think I'd just leave the water completely out of it."
"About half way through I realized this was going to be way too salty. 3 teaspoons??? I should have known better. I added a little more water to maybe cut some of the salt, but it didn't help and the texture of the chops was just horrible, kind of mushy. If I ever did this again I'd cut the salt down to 1 tsp and pound the flour mixture into the chops a little bit."
"This taste as good as an entree from a good restaurant. It is delicious as is but I would cut back on the salt next time. Will definitely be making again since husband thought it was superb!!!!"
"easy, not much watching. The chop was superb - both taste and tenderness. I'd cook the zucchini less; I'll try 15 minutes next time. I only had enough Parmesan for the chops, so I tossed some mozzarella on top at the end and stuck the cover back on for a few minutes - delicious."
"Sorry I forgot to click the stars"
"I had my husband cook this for supper. It was delicous!"
"I like the blend of spices for taste but not the preparation of the dish. I do not use flour on pork Chops at all. I spice the chops with a small amount of salt, granualated garlic and fresh ground Black Pepper and then fry them in olive oil on med heat till browned. I prefer squash to be cooked to crisp tender by steaming them about 2 to 3 mins or less and no salt on them. The onions I would saute with sliced mushrooms in a Tbsp of Butter, till the onions are clear and lightly browned. Then make a mushroom gravy using a can of mushroom soup. I prefer fresh mashed garlic potatoes and also green peas as side dishes. The Chops would also be great dipped n Egg and coated with seasoned breadcrumbs and baked in the oven at 350 deg till no longer pink."
"I only used this recipe as a guide. I didn't add the rest of the flour mixture to the skillet at the end, which would have made it too goopy. I cut the amount of salt by 2/3s, 1 tsp is plenty, the cheese has salt in it. Use a smoky paprika, it adds more depth. Also I removed the pork chops the last 5 minutes of cooking, covered it and let the veggies cook down a little. I added a pepper for color too."
"I like the other rater thought this looked delicious, but the zucchini was soggy maybe should only be put in at the last 5-10 minutes. The taste was Ok, but nothing to get excited about. I do not think I will return to this recipe again."