Corn Zucchini Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add zucchini and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the corn, water, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 256 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
May 7, 2012
I made this for a family potluck, doubled the recipe and it had great compliments.
Apr 13, 2010
Delicious, we loved it!
Nov 2, 2008
I wanted to add that I used red onion for color and I also omitted the cheddar cheese- that dumps 115 calories and 9g of fat per serving!! Also, using fresh corn instead of canned reduces the sodium by leaps and bounds!!
Oct 8, 2008
I made this last night as a way for my 5 year old to try a new veggie- zucchini. She tried it and ate it! I even packaged up the leftovers for my lunch today! Yum!