Thymed Zucchini Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion and bouillon; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with herbs.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 53 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 30, 2019
I grew up eating sliced zucchini or yellow squash dredged in egg and flour, then fried in butter. This recipe bring home all of those flavors with the added freshness of the herbs. I leave out the onion, and sub with a dash of onion powder and a powder soup base in lieu of the crushed bouillon cube.
Jun 8, 2019
Very delicious! I would say it makes 2 servings, and I feel that I still want to eat more of it! I used 3 zucchinis, a tablespoon of chicken bouillon, dried thyme, and sweet onion. I am looking forward to cooking this meal again!
Aug 13, 2016
Quite good. I used the dried thyme and it absorbed into the zucchini well. I might not dice the onion so finely next time, but plan on making it a staple side dish.