Balsamic Zucchini Saute
This super-fast sauteed zucchini recipe is flavorful and only uses a few ingredients, so it’s easy to whip up as your entree is cooking. —Elizabeth Bramkamp, Gig Harbor, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute zucchini and onion until crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in seasonings. Add vinegar; cook and stir 2 minutes. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 94 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Balsamic Zucchini Saute in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Apr 4, 2019
Jun 12, 2017
Really great way to enjoy zucchini. Family loved it. We don't care for feta cheese-used Parmesan instead. Take care not to over cook or you have zucchini mush.