- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Cover and cook until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in wine or broth, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
"I love this recipe. I actually only had White Zinfandel in stock for this so I used it. Tasted great. Had the liquor store been open ( Sunday ) I would have gotten white wine. The sauce was great and I used boneless chicken thighs instead also."
"So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!"
"Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!"
"This is a go to recipe. It has a wonderful flavor."
"I made this recipe using some leftover vinegar bbq chicken, it was delicious."
"Delicious and easy!"