You may not be able to see the coconut milk, but it's such a treat in this dish. Add a bit of lime and you’ve got a smart entree that’s company worthy. —Charla Arnold, North Branch, Michigan
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Place coconut milk in a 2-cup measure; add enough water to measure 2 cups. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, combine rice, 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and coconut milk mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat; saute shrimp until pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in pepper and remaining salt.
- Stir green onions into rice. Serve with shrimp and lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp with Coconut Rice in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016