My family loves rice and clams, so I decided to combine them in this recipe. It was a hit! This dish is very filling and satisfying. Cooking and creating new recipes are two of my favorite pastimes.
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine rice, onion and chilies. In a bowl, combine clams and milk; pour over rice mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Yield: 4 main-dish or 8 side-dish servings.
Originally published as Seafood Rice Casserole in Country October/November 1996, p51
Reviews forSeafood Rice Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review