- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, peanut butter and chili sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In the same pan, saute the onion, red pepper, cashews and garlic in remaining oil for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir peanut butter mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the scallops and corn; heat through. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forScallops with Thai Sauce
"Delicious recipe! I served this over the angel hair pasta with shrimp spring rolls on the side."
"This was an excellent dish! It could easily be made with shrimp substituted for the scallops if you wanted too. Next time I may try to add an additional Tablespoon of creamy peanut butter since we really couldn't taste the peanut butter flavor in the sauce. We didn't have cashews, so we crushed some peanuts and sprinkled them generously ontop of the finished dish. We will add this to our recipe box and make again."