Sauteed Minute Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef cube steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jan 25, 2019
Minute steaks and cube steaks are two different steaks and should not be interchangeable. Minute are round or sirloin pounded less than 1/4 inch thick , seasoned and fried 1 minute per side and then covered with a sauce. cube are used as is or used in Chicken Fried Steak and are round or chuck steaks run through a cuber thereby leaving the cut marks. 2 different steaks.
Oct 29, 2010
When I need a quick and easy go-to, this is it. Sweet and tart, the sauce is delicious. I highly recommend the suggested go-with of the Parmesan Rice and Peas. They're delicious as well.