Sauteed Minute Steaks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef cube steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook steaks in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 25, 2019
Minute steaks and cube steaks are two different steaks and should not be interchangeable. Minute are round or sirloin pounded less than 1/4 inch thick , seasoned and fried 1 minute per side and then covered with a sauce. cube are used as is or used in Chicken Fried Steak and are round or chuck steaks run through a cuber thereby leaving the cut marks. 2 different steaks.
Oct 29, 2010
When I need a quick and easy go-to, this is it. Sweet and tart, the sauce is delicious. I highly recommend the suggested go-with of the Parmesan Rice and Peas. They're delicious as well.