- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until sausage is browned.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Stir in sausage mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSausage Spinach Salad
"I will make this and know we'll enjoy it; however, instead of mixing the dressing "in a small bowl", I will mix it in the pan where I fried the sausage and onions (after the pan has cooled, not hot). As I stir/mix that, it will loosen any residual scrapings that will only add to the wonderful taste!"
"Very tasty. We added fresh herbs to spice it up a bit more. This is a go to for dinner."
"This was a nice change from the typical hot bacon and spinach salad."
"When I made this, I ending up putting the spinach in the skillet also - when the sausage and onions were just about fully cooked. I continued sautéing until the spinach was cooked down.. Delicious!"
"Made this for friends for lunch. Used white balsamic vinegar. How wonderful. !!!!!!"