Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 48 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- In a skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add cheeses, peppers, chilies, olives and dressing mix; mix well. Set aside. Brush both sides of wrappers with oil; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking sheet. Fill each with about 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 20, 2016
Every time I make these for a potluck, they disappear and I'm always asked for the recipe. I have used the pre-made tartlet or hors d'oeuvres cups found in the freezer section vs. making the wonton starts. They're not as cute but are a real time saver. The olives sound like a strange ingredient but they really add a great flavor!
Dec 29, 2010
Made these for this year's cookie party. I didn't make enough, as they were gone a half-hour into the party! I omitted the olives, as I am not the biggest olive fan and I had forgot to get them at the store!
Nov 14, 2008
This is one of my all time favorite recipes. I made this for my annual x-mas party about 3 years ago...it's ALWAYS gone before everything else. VERY GOOD!! **I did have trouble finding the wonton wrappers so I used the Filo pastries found in the frozen section..very good!!!