VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute the onion, green pepper and mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Divide sausage mixture among tortillas; top with eggs and cheese. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p11
Reviews forSausage Breakfast Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2010
"I added about a tsp of pepper to the mix, we did not have any mushrooms on hand so I did not include them. But over all this recipe is to die for! def will make it again!"