- 1 pound fresh Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups cubed yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage in oil until a thermometer reads 160°; drain. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Return to pan. Add squash and onions; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage and Vegetable Skillet
"Very good! I did use 1 can of diced tomatoes and a can of Rotel instead of fresh tomatoes."
"Amazing. Who would think that Worcestershire sauce and a little bit of cayenne pepper would make such an amazing flavor. chicken sausage works well in this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. I didn't cut up my zucchini but instead used the spiralizer as to make a little bit of pasta noodle without the pasta. I did add about a handful of red bell peppers and mushrooms. Otherwise follow the recipe exactly. Absolutely outstanding and pretty healthy. I can see why it was a contest winner. when you're presenting it you may want to put out some Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top. This recipe reminds me a little bit of sausage and peppers."
"vjbaker - try zucchini and serving this over egg noodles"
"what can ;you use in place of squash....my husband would not eat with that/"
"We really liked this easy skillet meal. It was a great use of veggies from our garden. I did leave out the garlic and cyaenne pepper. I seemed spicy anyway. I served it over brown rice."
"This recipe is fantastic! easy to prepare, inexpensive and it tastes great! I will be making this one many times."