This main course was invented out of a need to serve my family a balanced meal when time was limited. Even my young son loves it! —Ann Bagdonas of Antioch, California
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 3/4 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Rub salmon with garlic; place in a shallow bowl. Add teriyaki sauce; turn salmon to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place salmon on an oiled grill rack over high heat or on a greased 15x10x1-in. pan. Cook in a covered grill or 3-4 in. from broiler heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Toss salad mix with salad dressing; place on four plates. Top with salmon, cut into chunks if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Caesar Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p27