Rocky Road Cookie Cups
Traditional Rocky Road ice cream has nuts, marshmallows and chocolate. Using prepared cookie dough makes it easy to put the flavors together in these fast, kid-friendly cups.—Charlotte McDaniel, Jacksonville, AL
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up sides of 24 greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Using the back of a measuring teaspoon, make an indentation in each cup. Immediately place 3 marshmallows and 1/4 teaspoon chocolate chips in each cup; sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven; bake 1 minute longer. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Or, place in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Originally published as Rocky Road Cookie Cups in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.