Rocky Road Cookie Cups
Traditional rocky road ice cream has nuts, marshmallows and chocolate. Using prepared cookie dough makes it easy to put the flavors together in these fast, kid-friendly cups.—Charlotte McDaniel, Jacksonville, AL
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press evenly onto bottom and up sides of 24 greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until edges are golden, 10-12 minutes. Using the back of a measuring teaspoon, make an indentation in each cup. Immediately place 3 marshmallows and 1/4 teaspoon chocolate chips in each cup; sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven; bake 1 minute longer. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
Editor's Note: To toast nuts, spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until lightly browned, 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Or place in a dry nonstick skillet and heat over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie cup: 103 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Road Cookie Cups in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.