Rocky Road Brownies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts; bake 4 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 231 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 20, 2019
Oh no! We had such high hopes for this yummy sounding recipe, but I have to say I balked at 2 cups sugar to 1 cup flour ratio and somehow knew ahead of time with all the add'l butter and eggs, this wouldn't turn out. And it did not, it was dry and crumbly, not anywhere near as sweet as you'd want (more bitter) and the chocolate nor marshmallows melted. I came on the site to check if it was indeed a book typo. Sadly not.
Nov 23, 2016
These brownies are absolutely delicious. I usually substitute pecans for the walnuts. One time, I mixed the marshmallows, chips, and nuts all together with the rest of the ingredients and it turned out delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
May 17, 2015
I used a boxed mix to save on time but loved this idea. Did have to use more chips and marshmallows to cover the whole pan though, like in the picture.
Sep 4, 2011
The brownie batter did not like the 2-stage baking, and the marshmallows and chocolate chips did not melt
Sep 3, 2010
Loved the brownies! I only wish they would have been alittle more moist and not cake like but they all in all turned out amazing!