- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cream and wine. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce, vegetables and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
"This was beyond amazing. I actually made this into a lasagna instead of rigatoni. Here's what I did:I used 2 cups cubed butternut squash instead of the sweet potatoes. I was short on time, so I increased the temp to 425 and put it in for 8 or 9 minutes.I made the sauce exactly as written except added in about 1 tsp (maybe slightly less) of corn starch to thicken the sauce.I layered it all in a greased 8x8 baking dish. I put just enough sauce on the bottom to cover it. I put some no-bake lasagna noodles, then as much mozzarella cheese as I liked (didn't have shredded parm), then half of the squash. I poured half the remaining sauce on top, then repeated the lasagna-mozzarella-squash-sauce layer. On top of that I put more mozzarella cheese, some grated parmesan, then topped with chopped pecans (didn't have walnuts).I covered & baked it at 375 deg for about 38 minutes, removed the cover and continued to bake it for about 10 minutes.There was some pools of butter on top of it after I took it out, so I removed some of it.IT WAS SO GOOD. If I was going to do anything different, I think I would put more pecans on top. I highly suggest making this. I'm sure even as written this is delicious!"
"Usually my family loves our sweet potatoes sweet instead of savory, but this recipe is great! In my husband's words it's "strangely delicious." A filling and tasty meal!"
"I forgot to put the onions in the oven so I just sauted some mushrooms and threw those in there. Yummy and super quick!"
"substituted ricotta for cream and it worked quite well. delicious!"
"Yummy! I used 8 oz of Wagon Wheel pasta instead, because that's what I had. I also used kosher salt for roasting the sweet potatoes (which took 40 minutes, not 25). Very yummy and worth the time."