My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me 40 years ago. She served this salad at all holiday meals, and the tradition has continued in our family. Preparation is so much easier today, thanks to red grapes without seeds! Another "updated" shortcut in the preparation is miniature marshmallows...cooks from the good old days know what "sticky fun" it was to snip regular-sized marshmallows!
Recommended: 25 Gorgeous Grape Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, beat juice, cream cheese and mayonnaise until fluffy. Stir in pineapple, marshmallows and grapes. Fold in whipped cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Red Grape Salad in Reminisce Extra October 1993, p51
Reviews forRed Grape Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2014
"it was awesome and delicious."
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2012
"Absolutely delicious... made this twice now and followed the recipe to the t!! FABULOUS!!!!"