- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
"I don't know what peanut butter you used tried twice with jif and planters both time uneatable followed recipe to a tee. Have a Chinese shop down the road with this sauce it is unbeatable. Guess I gotta have it there."
"It took way longer than 30 minutes to make with prep time. But it was delicious"
"I doubled up on the sauce except for the peanut butter. This is a great recipe. I made it twice in one week."
"It was okay fresh, but I wasn't even tempted by the leftovers."
"This was an excellent meal. My family loved it. I will be making this again soon."
"Add a half cup of dry roasted unsalted peanuts after thickening or garnish each serving. Delicious!"